Re: Wires from negative battery terminal

Sean Clark wrote:

> Hey,
>     In regards to my 16v 88 Scirocco, I am trying to figure out the function
> of the two brown wires that connect via ring connectors to the neg battery
> terminal.  I'm having starting problems, but whenever I mess with these
> wires (just wiggling them around) the car can start.  What do these wires
> supply?
>
> Thanks,
> Sean

Yes, you definitely want those to be sound and in good condition. (Early
cars had grounds like these on the end of the intake manifold; 5th
injector bolts).

You might want to clean and coat the battery terminals, cables, wires,
and grounding points.

TBerk
Free the Electrons!