Re: Motor Out -Top or Bottom? : The fate of my car

Here's my personal favourite for pulling engines from A1 chassis'.

Unhook everything leaving the driver's mount and end tranny mount.
You might want to loosen them a bit though to make sure they will still
turn.   Then pull off the front wheels, lower the car down with an old
tire under the oil pan.   Lower it till the rotors are 1/2" from the
ground.  (Ok, they might have to touch if you have 10" front brakes!)  The
motor will now be sitting on the old tire. Undo the bolts and jack the
car up. Works great for putting them back in too. I've done it many
many times.

Jay