Re: My car is hot today

Suddenly today my temp gauge shoots near the top.  Car is running fine, fan
is kicking on - dunno what to think.  Any thoughts?

Greg

What color is your water? If you don't run antifreeze during summer, it
should be pretty clean, maybe a little brown.  But if its relly dirty after
changing the water often, it might be the radiator itself.  But before
jumping to conclusions, I suggest checking it for bubbles.
If you can see past the sream of water from the pump,(depending if you still
have the stock resevoir)look for small bubbles coming from the radiater in
the water resevoir.  If you can't see past the stream from the smaller hose
just take it off and point it out of the engine compartment, and look in the
tank.
If you see little streams of bubbles, it might need a new head gasket.
I'll ask Jay also if he has any ideas about your problem.

Premo
85 Scirocco
dstracing.4t.com