Rocco vs. SUV....I lost

Well, the title just about says it all...the one thing about driving
my 16v that scares me the most has happened...I was hit by another
driver who wasn't paying attention...

I had just finished my classes this afternoon and was driving my 16v
towards home...I am stopped at a traffic light in the right-hand turn
lane, and just after the light turns green and I begin to move forward
to make my turn, BANG!  I look out of the corner of my eye and see the
bumper of a Dodge Durango planted into my driver's door/fender!!
I am fine, but the rocco is not pretty...the driver's door and front
fender are toast.  No apparent damage was done to the wheel or suspension
components.  I was somehow able to still drive the car...sort of.
The guy that hit me says he was going to go around the car in front
of him, but he neglected to notice that there was a car in that lane
next to him...which was unfortunately me.  Someone that watched the
whole incident stopped and gave me his name & number...he said that it
was obviously that other guys fault...which was pretty obvious to the
Durango guy too...he totally admitted fault to the cop and was given
a citation.  I just hope that his insurance will take care of this
quickly and properly... he has Progressive.

I'll keep everyone posted how things go...and especially if they try
to total my car or something rediculous.

I'm just thankful for this Passat that I just bought last week!

Well, that's my unfortunate news for the day...hope everyone elses Friday
went better than mine.

=====
Benjamin Harder
86 Scirocco 16v (in pain)