Re: Need a Knock Box

----- Original Message -----
From: John Erickson <hombre@elp.rr.com>
To: scirocco-L <scirocco-L@scirocco.org>
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2001 3:50 PM
Subject: Need a Knock Box

> It looks like the reason my fuel pumps aren't running is that the relay
> isn't getting the ground it needs from the knock sensor control
> box.  Thanks to Brian Wagner for all his help in tracking this bad boy
down.

Really???
Now I don't want to be toooo sceptical, but this is either a bad mistake
(why would the knock sensor control have a GD thing to do with the fuel pump
relay?) or the dumbest design OTFOTE!
I've seen alot of dumb designs, so it may be.
I'd default to the bottom basement 8V relay setup and rewire to a fixed
ground and a dedicated wire from the coil to let the GD relay know the
engine is running. It would be lots cheaper than a new knock box provided
your knock box is performing its other functions correctly.
OTOH, have you bypassed the relay with a jumper as a test??
Dan
Just being a shit, as usual!