Re: [RE: VW and Women [new vw owners]]

Night Shadow <soltwede@privateI.com> wrote:

Hehehe...you see, the majority of the women out there aren't interested in
the mechanicals of these cars...however some do love how fun they are to
drive...

I'd have to agree, and there is a huge educational/cultural gap that accounts
for it, I took one half semester of auto (whoopee, I learned to change oil and
tires) and that was discouraged (they wanted me to take typing), and otherwise
there is no "safe place" for women to learn, unless they are persistant and
fairly confident to begin with. Most mechanics can be very condescending, and
are still mainly guys. I feel very lucky to have this list as a nurturing
learning environment. There is a lot for me still to learn, but like most of
the rest on the list, I'm trying. But women as well as men can't resist the
fun of driving these cars. That's why you see so many behind the wheel. Your
Katy is lucky. (and so's my Denny, I bought the rocco for him!)