Re: beginning the 2.0 swap - to balance or not to balance....? (long)

Unless it is a 10,000 rpm motor what is the point of balancing and blue
printing. Ya it is a good idea for a Ford, GM and Chrysler V motors where
craftsman ship sucked and they didn't specify tolerances. But in VW's the
engines are designed with tighter tolerances and built to with stand more
rpms. My question is why f*** with a good thing and pay good money for such
a small amount of work.

Any way you can weight match your own rods and piston pretty easy. Just
watch were you remove the material from, and take your time.

Brian

87 16v
86 8v (parts car)