From: Ben Channard [mailto:zeroid@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2001 9:38 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE: R/C suggestion

Larry Fry spake thusly:

>Ben- The vacuum-forming process will not allow the detail that you are
>probably seeking.

     Would it be any worse than the body that is up for auction on ebay?
Although the nicer the better, I think as Scirocco fans, many of us would
accept something that looked even vaguely like a Scirocco.

>I could carve a 1/10 master of a MkI or MkII, but the detail would be no
>better than what is now commercially available.

     My point was that I wasn't aware of any commerically available 1/10
Mk.1 or *any* Mk.2 RC bodies.  So if we were going to have bodies fabbed,
why not some that aren't available anywhere?  All this is assuming that it
can be done at reasonable cost.  If you could carve up a decent master, I
think there would definitely be interest.  Larry, you may have just
unwittingly volunteered yourself--better get your carving tools ready.  :)
benton-----