Re: plasma/hid/xenon suggestions?

--- Kevin Collins <kcollins1@socal.rr.com> wrote:
> Patrick Bureau wrote:
> > you forgot to mention PIAA, they don't do "blue"
> >HID lights... and their lights produce more output
> >than wattage required to do it (i.e./: they have a
> >55w/60w H4 that produces 100/110w of light(3800K).
>
> Uh... I wouldn't be so sure..
>
> 2 good links on "gimmick" lighting - 1st for
> headlights, 2nd for taillights:
>
> http://lighting.mbz.org/tech/info/bulbs/superwhites/

I wouldn't put too much weight into that site, it's a
lot of technical garbage to basically slam on PIAA.
Yeah, PIAA may be exaggerating the wattage issue, but
they primarily seem to be pushing the Kelvin issue as
are all of the below manufacturer's. The guy "Daniel
Stern Lighting" has a lot of self interest in slamming
PIAA, he does not sell PIAA therefore would like you
to believe they suck. He seems to be giving the
impression that the companies of which products he
sells do not also sell the very same type of thing he
is slamming on. See for your self:

Hella is so proud of their product they go to great
lengths to discuss the benefit of the "blue-dyed"
glass, here is what they said:

"A blue-dyed glass bulb filters red rays out of the
radiated light spectrum. This makes the light appear
bright and produce sharper contrasts. The light colour
is similar to that of xenon light."

http://www.hella.com/produktion/HellaPortal/WebSite/Internet_en/ProductsServices/ForDriversAccessories/NewProducts/Bulbs_Magic_Star.jsp

Cibie has every color of the rainbow on there site:
http://www.cibie.com/Page/VestecBulb/index.htm

Philips has a product called BlueVision that they have
been heavily pushing for quite some time:
http://www.eur.lighting.philips.com/automotive/html/productsusa_bv_feat.html

Osram also has a version:
http://www.osram.com/products/automotive/cool.html

I know PIAA, I owned a 1990 Toyota Levin in Japan and
decided to replace my stock H4's and H1's with some
PIAA, I didn't upgrade the relays nor wiring. What I
saw after the swap was well worth the $110 I spent at
the time. They were brighter, whiter, and much more
clarity.

Das ist meine zwie pfennig.

Later...