Re: [tech] 16v Compression Test Results = Bad News!

Ken,

Certainly it would not require that the block be replaced (unless you got in
there and found something really nasty), and this engine can likely be
removed, dis-assembled, honed and re-assembled with new rings bearings and a
few other things.

The reason I said to go shopping for a 2.0 block is that you might as well
do all of that to the 2.0 block and get a bigger motor out of the ordeal.
So....

1) The cost to rebuild and to remove /install either is the same. I bought a
100,000+ mile 2.0 bottom end for about $300.

2) Or you might be lucky enough to find a low(ish) mileage 2.0 block that
doesn't need to be rebuilt. Then it just comes down to removing the 1.8 and
installing the 2.0.

It's all about MORE POWER! :)

-- Craig