Blown tranny...?

My car totally hates me. But that's OK, 'cause I hate it back double.

We spent the WHOLE WEEKEND replacing the clutch (with help from Dan
Snow...THANKS DAN!). I was already pissed because the clutch was fine except
for a broken tab on the thrust plate, but I put all the new stuff in anyway.
Katie and I are bruised, beat, and dirty as hell, but everything seemed to
be fine. Clutch felt great, and it shifted better than ever.

We decided to take it to dinner, and on the way back as I put on the power
in 2nd gear, "POP....grind-grind-grind...". Tranny seemed to shift fine, and
the clutch still felt fine, but something completely broke in the clutch or
main shaft. No forward motion. I can only guess that maybe I stressed the
mainshaft in my troubles getting the tranny out of the car?

Needless to say, it's getting towed to the shop tomorrow. I'm done with it.

Neal