Re: winter/ warming up/Scirocco

I've also noticed with my rocco that in the morning especially now that it's
been averaging about 23 degrees a day and snow that it's got it's little
attitude with me.
I have to turn the key on, but not start it.  Wait for the fuel pump to cyle
on them off then turn the key back off and wait about 3 seconds then turn
the key back on and wait for the fuel pump to cycle one more time, then
start.  If not I can sit there cranking till doomsday and it wont start.
This probably is due to the fact that it needs a tune up but my parents used
to have an 81 Olds cutluss (the gutless wonder is what I called it) and it
had to be "pumped" the same way.
Since I did used to work at a BMW dealership for a little while I learned
that in these fuel injected systems you can sit there pumping that ol gas
pedle but it isnt going to do anything except open and close a flap.It ISNT
the old carbbed engines where it pushes on the Accelorator pump and squirts
gas into the carb it just open and closes a flap.
As dave sais my $0.02 worth. :)
-=John=-