Roll Cage rules ?

hello all,

I am (as i said) looking for a scirocco, and might want (need?) to put in
a rollcage...

The question that i came up with was, what is the current SCCA rule? I
knwo they require an 8 poitn cage now, but cant figure out exactly wether
or not the cage can pierce the firewall and attach to the strut towers.

I Think it can, but would hate to build one & have to undo it all :(

anyone active in solo/IT and know the answer?

thanks,

Steve