From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Fry, Larry
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 10:58 AM
To: Monster; Marc scirocco Québec
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: troubleshooting guide?

A thought occurred to me as I was gathering up all my printed-out posts that
contained tips/info that I want to keep:

This list has some very valuable knowledge about the Scirocco's problem
areas.  Someone with computer skills should compile a "troubleshooting the
'Roc" book for the list.  List the typical problem in alphabetical order,
the possible causes, and the remedial actions to take.
Sample format:
                           possible causes			action
Stalling:			vacuum leaks			check all
vacuum lines going to intake for
cracks.  Check boots and clamps for cracks,
holes, and tightness.
				Plugged idle bleed port		Pull
throttle body boot, spray carb cleaner
into forward port until cleaner clears the
rear port, which is located behind the
primary (small)butterfly

Starting, hard:
      when cold		cold start valve			test per
Bentley, page XX-X
                        poor electrical grounds		clean all ground
wires/cable, removing
paint, where necessary.  Replace cables if
									in
doubt.
				low battery				test
per Bentley, page XX-XX

	when hot		bad fuel accumulator		remove small
screw on rear of accumulator,

pressurize system by jumping relay #XX or
starting engine.  If fuel leaks from screw
hole, the accumulator is bad.
etc.

Just a suggestion, since you guys have so much good advice and many of these
questions seem to come up over and over...

Larry  sandiego16V

[Disclaimer]This e-mail is strictly confidential and intended solely for the
addressee. It may contain information which is covered by legal,
professional, or other privilege. If you are not the intended addressee you
must not use, disclose, or copy this transmission. This E-mail is not
intended to impose nor shall it be construed as imposing any legally binding
obligation upon GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. and/or any of its
subsidiaries or associated companies. Neither GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics
Inc. nor any of its subsidiaries or associated companies gives any
representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the
contents of this E-mail. GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. shall not be held
liable to any person resulting from the use of any information contained in
this E-mail and shall not be liable to any person who acts or omits to do
anything in reliance upon it.