RE: 88' getting very bad gas mileage

   I also had to replace those wires (87 16V) so I can say it's good thing
to do. The original alternator wire is not too good, it's true. It's too thin.
   Mine was a "0.9V cable". I mean if I measured the voltage between the
two ends of that cable it was 0.9V!
   So we simply bought some thick cable, put the connectors on it and the
result was quite good. I don't know this autotech cable, if the price is
okay for you buy it, if you think it's high you can make yours easily.

At 13:06 2001.11.29., you wrote:
>I know Autotech sells "SPORTTUNED HEAVY DUTY ALTERNATOR WIRES" for 29.95 and
>I also have been considering of getting a new set myself,
><<http://www.autotech.com/ignition.htm>>
>
>     ___  ___________
>    /   |/_  __/ ___/  A Texan's Scirocco 1985 8v
>   / /| | / /  \__ \   http://www.longcoeur.com/scirocco
>  / ___ |/ /  ___/ /   (AIM) patricdlc, (ICQ) 32918816
>/_/  |_/_/  /____/

-- -
                  ,.     ,.
                 {^ \-"-/ ^}