Re: 16v Key Question

I received some private mail requesting "how"... So
maybe others might be interested.

I did this a long time ago (I'm 35, been driving VWs
since I was 20). So here comes from the top of my
head, and from the tip of my fingers, HOW...

- remove the door handles
- remove the locks from the handles
- somehow, open the locks. Take them apart.
- you will see four or five tiny little round brass
spring loaded things inside four or five cylinders
- while holding everything, be carefull as the spring
loaded brass things might fly away, insert the key
inside the lock
- see how all the brass things become flush with the
round cylinder, that is how the key can turn the lock
- now remove the key, and the tiny little brass
things, and mix and match them, so that the tiny
little brass things become flush with the new key
- reassemble everything back to the car
- try the new key, and you are done

If you are patient, do the same for all the locks.

Disclaimer, if you are not, patient, meticulous and
handy at fixing tiny stuff, do not try this, as you
will most definetely end up with a unique "keyless
entry" Scirocco.

For five extra points, find the proper name for "tiny
little brass things".

Cheers

Marc
'83 Scirocco
'88 Scirocco Slegato

 --- Monster <monster@aros.net> a écrit : > My
question is HOW?  I've never done this before.