RE: 1979 20v MKI Takes on a porshe 911 on the track video.

The only explanation is that the "400hp" is a mythical number.

Larry  sandiego16V

-----Original Message-----
From: Neal Tovsen [mailto:nealtovsen@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 6:30 AM
To: UrGTI@aol.com; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE: 1979 20v MKI Takes on a porshe 911 on the track video.

After seeing the "Videos" page, I have to say that I'm not quite sure what
to think.

First, this 400hp monster gets horribly bad 1/4 times. If it is a street
car, I understand the traction issue, but his trap speeds were 106mph.
Although the video doesn't show it, it looks like he got beat by a Mk4 Golf
and a Maxima. They had him off the line, which might be expectd, so I waited
to see him get into the 3rd gear boost and blow past them. It didn't happen.
Maybe it was before they upgraded the turbo or something? I'm not a
drag-racing expert, but it seems those results should be attainable with a
lot less than 400hp, even on street tires.

Then, I saw the video labeled "Subaru Impreza 2.5RS", so I naturally clicked
on it only to see what was obviuosly an Impreza 22b utilizing it's
factory-tuned 300hp in a power slide. I know they're not into Japanese cars,
but if they're going to put it on their website, they should know at least a
*little* about it...they probably could have just said "Impreza" and gotten
away with it...

I really want to believe that that Scirocco is BAD-ASS, but those videos
don't help their cause as automotive experts. Oh well, it still looks cool,
and I still want one!

Neal

[Disclaimer]This e-mail is strictly confidential and intended solely for the
addressee. It may contain information which is covered by legal,
professional, or other privilege. If you are not the intended addressee you
must not use, disclose, or copy this transmission. This E-mail is not
intended to impose nor shall it be construed as imposing any legally binding
obligation upon GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. and/or any of its
subsidiaries or associated companies. Neither GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics
Inc. nor any of its subsidiaries or associated companies gives any
representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the
contents of this E-mail. GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. shall not be held
liable to any person resulting from the use of any information contained in
this E-mail and shall not be liable to any person who acts or omits to do
anything in reliance upon it.