Re: '97 Rear caliper question-urgent! Fixed!

At 04:19 PM 11/27/01 -0500, thescirocco@juno.com wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Nov 2001 16:05:58 -0500 "John C. Worden"
><scirocco@powerlink.net> writes:
> > At 12:59 PM 11/27/01 -0800, Fry, Larry wrote:
> > >What does Robert Bentley say?
> > >
> > >Larry  sandiego16V
> >
> > I don't know since I don't have a manual for the car(the
> > car isn't mine).  That's why I posted to the list because
> > I know some of you have the Golf/Jetta III cars.
> >
> > John
>
>The A3 Bentley just says to use the Volkswagen special tool 3272.
>
>Let me know If you can't find a similar tool locally.
>
>Peter - <http://thescirocco.com> - Discount Techtonics, Peloquin LSD,
>Autotech-Quaife USA, Ronal USA, Motorworks, & Magnecor Dealer -  Bear, DE

Between pressing it in with a tool for the fronts and turning it carefully
with a wrench
it finally(after many turns) started going in.  Just took a while.  Once it
was going though
I found the tips of needle nose pliers were a decent sustitute for the
tool.  Btw for those
who don't know, it doesn't have that little opening for a 12mm allen wrench
like the Rocs.
As for the pad carrier bolts they will have to wait for another day as my
sister couldn't
hang around longer, especially if we broke something and had to wait until
tomorrow for
parts.  Thanks for all the suggestions.  I'm sure we'll have no problem
when we get back
to it.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V - Needs an oil pump gear
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.