Re: Tech- lost dash and parking lights.

At 12:33 PM -0500 11/27/01, Mike Blain wrote:
>Head lights still work, brake lights still work, but i seem to have
>lost all dash lights and parking lights (not to mention stereo).
>
>Would this sound like a relay?  my fuses looked ok at a glance.
>
>Mike Blain

Are your headlights relayed?

If not, then as Brian McGarvey points out, it is probably the headlight switch.

If your headlights are relayed, then I had this exact problem (also
lost rear taillights).

It was a bad connection at the fusebox.  We had to use a very small
screwdriver to close up the connectors that fit over the pins, and
liberally use contact cleaner (recommended: DeOxIt) and plug
everything back together.

| Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY      '93 Passat GLX, '84 Scirocco    |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         '81 Rabbit Convertible 16v     |