Re: '97 Rear caliper question-urgent! (changed )

Isn't it just like all VW calipers where it has a little pattern in the
piston where you use that little special tool that looks like the block in
hellraiser with a 3/8 hole in each side for a 3/8 ratchet and extension?
While you are turning it, push it in.  IF it has ABS (I do it even if they
don't) make sure you open the bleeder when you are pushing the piston back
(while turning).  HTH!!

Dave

P.S.  Last time I was there, Harbor Freight had the special tool KIT for
this for $19.95! Other than that, any autoparts store should have the little
box thingy for a few bucks, even Sears!