OT: '97 Rear caliper question-urgent!

So I'm checking out my sister's '97 GTI(4cyl) because she is having noise
from the rear.
Doesn't take long to notice that the pass. side inner padhad completely
fallen out.  real nice.
But the question here is how do I get the piston back into the caliper?  It
does not have a
hex opening like are cars, but does have a slot cut into the edges of the
face.  I did try to
press it back in unsuccesfully.  I also tried to turn it back in with a
wrench and piston seems
to be a two piece deal with the second peice being a little disc(what
touches the pad) and it
just seems to spin independently of the rest of the piston.

Anyone?

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V - Needs an oil pump gear
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.