Re: strut top bearing question

Well, yes to a degree.
I have the old Autotech poly's and the most play I usually get between the
white (delrin?) ring and the metal cap is at most ~1/8".
See pictures here for amt. of play (note quarters were used for measure -
the two quarters together had to be forced into opening).

<http://www.myscirocco.org/polybearing1.jpg>

<http://www.myscirocco.org/polybearing2.jpg>

If you are getting more than this I'd say it might be excessive (may need
new poly doughnut or tighten down the shock nut on top).
Mine are used pretty hard and are about 2yrs old.

HTH

Randy