Re: 1.6L engine updated

ok, I do have a booster and I just got back in from checking all the brake
pads, all the pads are great but I noticed that I'm missing a couple of
vacum lines. Namely, the one that goes from the EGR Vacuum amplifier to the
EGR Temp. valve and the one that goes from there to the EGR valve. maybe if
I knew where the EGR temp. valve was I could runa new line and I'd have no
problems. I found the EGR valve and it's got about 2 inches of vacum line on
it so I'm assuming that it's just not working. the vacum amplifier is in
pretty rough shape as well, so that's on my replace soon list. the main line
that goes from the intake manifold to the brake booster is uninterupted (as
far as I know) and there are no leaks in it. still seems odd that I've got
powerless brakes.

the engine codes are on the head and I'm assuming that it should have the
correct code on it to tell me what I've got but I can't find a place that
will help me decipher what the heck all those digits mean! I might have
better luck if it was in ancient egyptian! I have also re-checked the whole
thing while I was doing the brake thing this morning and it does say 1.6 H
on the head and just 1.6 on the block

point taken on the drunken haze thing, I'll quit drinkin' and start drivin'.
and yes, I will do all my own work to the car, I've been working on my Dad's
volkswagens since I was 5 and it seems to be quite the interesting thing to
do. I fix computers every day but I don't often get the chance to get dirty!

And to all those who get this list in digest form I'm sorry about the length
of the letter here, I'll write a short one next time

Jerry Carter '81 scirocco Mk1 1.6L