Re: Needed: Mk1 gas cap and dome light

"John C. Worden" wrote:

> At 07:50 PM 11/20/01 -0600, Nate Mellom wrote:
> >As it says, I need 'em.  I have a cheap POS locking gas cap I got at the
> >parts store, but I hate it and would like to replace it with an OEM cap,
> >Potterman maybe?  I also need an interior dome light, I busted mine a
> >while back trying to change the bulb.
> >Thanks!
> >Nate
> >'81
> >'84 (soon to have its third motor in 2 years!!  Thanks Jasin!!!!!!)
> >

> Potterman can get them for you.  I got my MkI gas cap from him, something
> like $15 for it.  And I can't imagine
> that he couldn't get dome lights.
>
> John C. Worden
> Bucksport, Maine

I'd like to sugest the following:

If you have a day or two then contact the Potter People, and or Mark on
the East Coast @ Adirondack- I get tired this time of nite in hand
spelling the links but you can go to the <chain> Links on
<http://www.scirocco.org> and find a bunbch o' stuf in c these proven
and List Member Recomended Parts Vendors.

- An asaide; should we, perhaps be vote and proclimation award and
validate those Vendors and/or Sourses that the Scirocco List has found
to be trustworthy and worth the Dollor, Pound, Mark, etc spent? Whatch'a
think folks?

If you need the part in a hurry you might visit the local dealer in your
area. Succes increases if you establish a history and relasionship, if
you have the part number befoer you go (ETKA?, What's that?), perhaps
know the other Models and/ or Years, even Product Lines that a same fit
part will fill the bill, and a smile on your mug, even when they clown
you despite your vaster knowledge.

Lots of times, when repacing electrical componentes, & esp interior
lights, it pays to take the original part with you to the counter.

hth,
TBerk