Re: Timing / Cooling problems - I have no other life

--- Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:
> What does this mean:
> -cold start, coolant level is slightly below "cold" line.

Normal, may need a slight bit of coolant.

> -warmed up, normal level if not slightly above "warm" line.

Doesn't sound so bad so far...

> -shutdown, coolant level rises and sometimes overflows.

Sounds like pressure is escaping the system somewhere, allowing a boil.
 Replace cap on overflow tank?  Any leaks anywhere?  Is the fan
remaining on after shutdown? (I belive Digifant has an underhood temp
sensor for this, but does Motronic?)

Any new word on burping the block?

What does the exhaust look like at any/all times (cold start, cold run,
warm run, warm heavy accel, etc.)?

How do all four plugs compare?

Just thoughts...

> What I'm afraid of is that I'm getting too much pressure
> (i.e. bad headgasket) which would reaaallly upset me
> considering I just DID the headgasket on this car last
> week.

I think this'd be pretty obvious *during* running, not after shutting
it down.

Good Luck, bud

Ron