Re: 16V with no power steering pump (the truth)

On 11/21/01 6:46 AM, "Fry, Larry" <LEF@chem-tronics.com> wrote:

> We just need someone to make a manual rack with the ratio of the power
> unit!!  (but, then, you'd better have some big arms!)  No free lunch, and
> all that...

Someone did.....Quaife.

Autoblech sells them for $295. Go here,
http://www.autotech.com/stracks.htm

What I'd try first is to pull the power steering rack apart, and see if
there's any way of removing the pressure diaphragm thingie. (ya know, what
the pressurized fluid pushed against to assist steering, but what you have
to fight against when there is no pressure). After that it should be just
like a regular rack. Note the _should_....

Lemme know if it works. :-)

Jonas