(Willow)Re: Cool alternative to the TSR linkage kit

Ain't competition a bitch?  Jay has the exact same non-weighted linkage set
for the same price.  Only they are black not gold.

Anyone know of a place, like this guys site, that sells links for BMW or
Porsche?

I know its off topic but, an inspiration came to him last night about the 924
linkage.  And last week we were at Willow springs watching all the Alfa
Romero, BMW , Ferrari,  and Porsche road race cars on the long track. (if
your wondering why we drove all that way to Willow, he got a sweet deal to
trade a $100 944 engine for a complete 951 brake set.  If you're not familiar
with Porsche parts, those brakes run around 500 bucks used.) And get this,
the 4 piston caliper weighted so much less than the stock 2 piston caliper he
already had on the car.
We poked our heads under a few hoods at Willow and a BMW M5 caught his
attention in the links department.  The stock throttle link is made of
plastic, and looked like a linkage with either an 8 or a 6 mm balljointed rod
would work in its place.  Well I'm starting to run out of stuff to blab
about, exept the Ferraris at Willow Springs were so sweet!  Anyone run their
car there? They have a short and long track as well as a dirt one.  Soon as I
find another dub for sale to build, I'll be running it on their dirt course.
And if you have no idea what or where Willow is, pick up a copy of Sport
Compact Car.

One more thing, I wonder if the owner(s) of that linkage site got permission
for using the logo from VWoA???  In light of recent events, this popped in my
head for some reason.

And yes, I am affiliated with DST, but I'm not about to stoop to the means of
plugging the site.
Have a Great Tomorrow
Premo
<<
 Well guys, found out tonight that a guy on the Rabbit Truck list makes
 some cool stuff for our rides!
 He makes a TSR knock off for a decent price, and even has a wieghted
 really nice looking rod as an option.  He even makes a weighted rod for
 those of you that already have the TSR linkage!
 Check it out:
 http://4crawler.cruiserpages.com/Diesel/ForSale/ShiftLinkage.shtml
 Not affiliated with this guy...just was impressed with what he has
 available.
 Eric >>