Moding a Quantum/Passat

How hard is it to find parts for moding.  DO Audi 4k
parts work with the Quantum.  It also seems a lot
easier to work on than my Scirocco with the engine
being north-south position. I also noticed that the TB
is also bigger but is on the passenger side of the car
instead of being near the windshield.  What about
converting from auto-manual will an A1 tranny fit or
do I need to use Audi parts

=====
-Andrew Wong
1984 Black Scirocco(stock)
1987 White Quantum wagon (Stock with auto)
aw614.topcities.com/1984.htm