Re: Autotech power module

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001 11:35:38 -0800 (PST) Matt Coates
<bencoates@yahoo.com> writes:
> Since Autotech is having a sale I was thinking about picking this up
> as a stocking stuffer...  Can anyone recommend this unit... pro's /
> con's.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Matt
> '87 16v roc

It is technically superior to the TT type module, but it's fail mode
causes the car to run really bad.
The TT type is simple, and if it fails (providing you don't have the
early boxed type) it will be like it's not there.

Make your own; 1100 Ohm resistor, relay w/connector,  bosch connectors
(one can be from an old 16V O2 sensor), or buy a clone, I think BcH might
be able to help.

Here's a schematic:
http://www.geocities.com/turbogti2000/tech/pmod.html

Peter - <http://thescirocco.com> - Discount Techtonics, Peloquin LSD,
Autotech-Quaife USA, Ronal USA, Motorworks, & Magnecor Dealer -  Bear, DE
19701
'79 Scirocco 16V 25 049
'83 GTI 37 505
'84.5 Scirocco 42 133
'84 GTI 63 348  - SciRollers: '79 70 900, '84 Black, '88 Red -
Thanksgiving TT Stainless Special - 10% off & $10 shipping
Free Rustfree Rabbit shell