Re: 16 inch wheels on a MKI

Craig,

Wheels look okay but IMHO the spokes are too small.  Also, not sure if
you have lots of those in your area but I do and unfortunately most of
them are Hondas.  Not that I dont like Honda, but I just want something
different.  But hey, its all what you think looks good right?  =)

As for size I would recommend a 35mm offset.  That will put you close to
the spring and should keep you off the fender.  I run 17x7.5 with 35mm &
205/40 tires and the backspacing is perfect but had I not shaved my
fenders I would have rubbed even more  Course, your setup is 1" smaller
in diameter than mine and it will make a WORLD of difference as far as
clearance goes.  I only once ran 16" rims and it was for about 2 weeks
until I took my car off the road to paint it.  Those rims were 25mm
offset and they rubbed worse than my 17s do!!  Lets see what others have
to say...

Andre'
Lime Green 79
Kirkland WA