Re: Pass side mount...nut/no-nut

Ken,

>From your description, you are putting the bolt in the wrong way!  The
captive sliding nut IS the nut.  No nut loose on the pass motor mount that
I know of.

Eric

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Ken wrote:

> Hey listers:
> Can anyone tell me if the passenger side engine mount is a bolt AND a nut.
> The bolt goes in the back of the mount first because there is that
> threaded/sliding nut
> that is captive on the front side.  The bolt is just long enough to poke out
> the front
> about a half an inch, but there isn't enough left of it to fit a nut on it.
> Also the lower timing
> belt cover is to close. Touches it actually.  I tried to be organized and
> keep everything together
> and I thought the nut/bolt went together.  Must not.  Second guessing
> myself.....
> Confirm or deny?
> thanks

Eric
Westminster, CO

76 Honda CB400F Super Sport
80 Scirocco (Parts car turned Daily Driver, mine)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
84 Scirocco Automatic (SOLD)
91 Cabriolet (2.0 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)
00 Golf GL TDI (Katy is driving this for now)

-Kelli Fox