Re: Importing VW's to North American WAS-->>RE: Scirocco on Ebay

 Tobias wrote:
>If you want the motor, maybe get it seperatly, then combine the shell
> and car later and see if you can get it registered - the VIN would be
you're
> only setback, unless you plug it in from another car.

Hmmmm.....
Lets see, if I can:
1. Travel to Europe (Italy/Germany/France/???).
2. Purchase a LHD Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evolution II.
3. Seperate the engine and other mechanicals.
4. Ship the car over to the US in pieces.
5. Re-assemble the car over here.
6. Find/purchase a cheap 1980-81 Ford Fiesta.
7. Swap vin #'s.
8. De-badge it.

I might be able to actually drive it on the street  Hmmmmmmm......
If I get pulled over I'll just tell the officer that it is a Ford Fiesta
with a bodykit.
That would work out here in CA considering all the "bodykitted beyond
recognition" Hondas and Acuras out here.
8^)))))))

Yeah, probably a hair-brained idea.....oh well...

Randy

> I actually talked to someone earlier this year after fathoming the idea of
> shipping a Rocc over here - he was importing a Ralley Golf with a 16v
G60 -