Re: bad oil filter

Same thing happened to me with a dealer filter.  There would be
pressure for about a minute after startup, and then would drop slowly
to zero.  Unfortunately for me, I didn't heed the advice of the
flashing idiot light and ended up siezing my head, and ruining some rod
bearings (I had just swapped in an engine and wrongly assumed that the
sensor was the problem, DOH!).  I'll definately be more careful in the
future...  Live and learn I guess...  :)

  Mark.