Re: 16V with no power steering pump (the truth)

--- Warren Price <wprice@neo.rr.com> wrote:
> ok, ok...  I'll admit it.  It sucks.  It seemed like
> a good idea at the time
> I guess.  I ripped the sucker off when I was
> replacing the thermostat.  I
> got the thermostat in and it was approaching
> midnight and I had to work the
> next day.  There was also cold beer waiting for me
> in the refrigerator.  So
> I looked at that mess in front of me and
> thought...well, I've been meaning
> to try this becuase of the steering problem, so I'll
> just drain the fluid
> and leave it off.
>
> So, I've gone from one extreme to another.  When I
> started, it steered like
> my 1974 Lincoln Mark IV.  It didn't pitch and yaw as
> much, but it steered
> the same.  Now, it requires super-human strength to
> park it and don't even
> think about trying to drink a pop or eat a sandwhich
> while driving because
> if you approach a curve, one hand simply isn't
> enough to negotiate curves.
> So, now it can be told.  You can feel free to
> criticize my spelling, because
> I think I put my back out trying to turn into my
> driveway the other night.
> LOL.
>
> Did I mention, no power steering sucks?
>
> Warren Price

No power steering is great!

Trying to use a drained PS rack is insane!

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)