Koenigsegg CC [was Twin 16v]

Chris:  Go to www.supercars.net and check out the gear ratios.  They also
have an article on this car in the November (I think) issue of Car & Driver.
It's only a one page or so deal, though.  Also, the company has a great
website, too:  http://www.koenigsegg.se/

Oh, woops!  The ratios aren't on the supercars site.  Here they are from the
C&D article:

Gear Ratio Max test speed
I  2.62 66
II 1.994 90
III 1.47 118  (7000rpm)
IV 1.14 153  (7000rpm)
V  0.74 225  (6700rpm)
VI 0.59 225 (5300rpm)

FD 3.36:1

The first thing I noticed when reading this article was that the final drive
ratio seems really high.  The point of this is apparently so it can beat the
McLaren's top speed record.  I personally don't give a rat's ass as to
whether my car tops out at 242 or 200, as I don't ever plan to drive that
fast (who knows!).  I'd rather see an F.D. in the upper 3's and have some
real fun (replacing half-shafts).  Maybe we could swap a VW tranny in it!
Hah!  Can you imagine the bits that would fall out of that tranny when you
cracked it open!

C&D didn't get a very good 0-60 time in their test, but noted that the
clutch was slipping noticeably on the test car, so I am still inclined to
believe the 3.1s time the factory quotes.  I don't know who else has tested
it, but this seems to be the accepted number.

This is my favorite car in the whole wide world, by the way.  If it were 4wd
it would be perfect, but maybe it would loose purity that way.  Who the heck
cares - I like AWD.  Also note some of the parts on it are VW parts.  VW
side marker lamps are mounted in the side mirrors, and some of the interior
bits look like Audi stuff.  The engine is apparently mad by For.. Eeeeek.  I
can't even say it!  ...but they do make good engines when they put their
minds to it (which they rarely do).

The whole body is made in like 4 moldings that are joined together.  The
front clip, dash, and A-pillars are made from a single mold.  Imagine the
rigidity of this thing!  It uses a steel engine cradle, but the rest is
composite, of course.  The body lines, shut lines, and huge seamless body
panels are awesome.  The interior is stylish without going too far.  The
seats are works of art.  The front and rear spoilers can be electronically
controlled and adjusted from within the cockpit (like an evolution of a
Corrado, right? -Hah, again!)  Anyway, I've spent many hours drooling over
this thing.  Now it is your turn!

How about a group buy?  The whole list could chip in and buy one.  Then we
could all drive it around Cincy once a year!  Lets see, we have more than
300 members, so that's only $1000 a piece!  What a deal!  Too bad the first
production run was sold out long before they built them.  I can understand
why, though.     If I live in it, can I get a 30 year loan?  -They are
planning a production run for the US in 2003, so start begging for overtime
now!

-Brian