Re: Twin 16v Motor pics and site(Vw's figures)

The Koenigsegg CC does 0-60 in 3.1sec.  It has a mid mounted, supercharged
4.6l V8, putting down 655hp@6500rpm and 553 ft.lb@5000rpm.  Curb weight is
2425pounds, which sounds pretty close to what a twin engine MK2 might weigh
(maybe the twin could be a bit lighter).    These numbers are from
Supercars.net and the Keonigsegg website.  I really doubt that a 275hp 2.0L
has anywhere near half that much torque. Who knows.

So that 575hp MIGHT pull low threes if the wind resistance doesn't spoil
your day (probably won't affect it noticeably up to 60mph), and assuming you
can shift well and have enough meat to handle the power (probably do, or at
least could).  It really depends on the weight, but I'm guessing they won't
break 2300lbs.   I wonder how it would handle?  If they do a good job
designing the rear suspension it could handle really well, I guess.

Another note, someone (AL?) was asking what kind of suspension VW used in
its twin.  The ad that has been posted seems to show custom A-Arms front and
rear, but that may just be some artists idea.

-BH