Re: Boycott Jim Ellis VW

Well, some updates.  If you're an Atlanta redident, check out page H4 of
today's AJC, or read it online at:

http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/epaper/editions/today/metro_b36fb002844b70b60008.html

In other developments, George has secured himself a lawyer.  He's
contributing his time but George had to pay a $1500 retainer. In addition,
it turns out the chuckheads at Jim Ellis are suing the wrong Vortex
Media.  The company they names has no relation to the Vortex Media that
publishes VWvortex.  The Vortex Media they sued is an Atlanta company, to
sue the correct company they'd have to file in a federal court, whereupon
hte judge would take a big crap on Jim Ellis's deposition and hand it back
to him.  Here is a little snippet from the git.talk.cars newsgroup from
George:

"What can YOU do about this? Well, it seems like you've already figured it
out: spread the word. Current and future VW owners need to know what
they're in for at JE, and what they can expect if they decide not to put
up with their business practices.

As for taking up a collection for me... I don't know what to say. That's
EXTREMELY generous, but I wouldn't feel right taking your money. Of
course, if you really insist, I couldn't refuse  :)

One more thing, though: if this goes to trial, and I need witnesses to
corroborate my statements about JE's poor sales and service practices, I
hope I can count on you to be there. Maybe it's just a written deposition,
maybe it's a post to the Vortex, or maybe you need to appear in court. But
truth be told, if it comes down to it, the only way to counter JE's claims
of defamation is with the facts - facts which you may be called upon to
provide, if you've dealt with JE.

I hope I haven't missed anything... I'll keep you updated as events
unfold. Again, many thanks for your support!"

Dan

--
edv('Gravy!')