RE: Logo Infringement

Nothing against you Lee, but this has to be a bunch of
HORSESHIT.

Can they sue me if I make my very own custom shirt,
for my own wearing pleasure and not for sale, but it
happens to contain a VW logo? If I made a bunch of
Rice Krispy treats in the shape of VW emblems and gave
them away to friends at a show, is that illegal? Would
I be misrepresenting the VW brand because those treats
turn out to taste like crap? Would people confuse me
as a representative of VW because I'm handing out said
treats? Is everybody at VW shows that make their own
VW emblem shaped items to enhance their vehicle in
violation of the trademark laws because VW never
intended to market an item like that?
And the argument of somebody chopping their hand off
because they read it on a site that had a VW log on it
is also ludicrous. What about the mention of the brand
VW on a site? Is that not a trademark infraction since
you mentioned VW, and the Roman Letters VW appear on
your webpage?

Does anybody actually know of a case where somebody
was successfully sued for using an
emblem/logo/name/caricature on their site in a
non-commercial, non-discriminatory, non-profit,
non-slanderous way?