Re: Fw: Engine help needed please (Thought this got answered)

I wrote:
When you install the oil pump and the little cog on top of it that links
it to the intermediate shaft, you will have a slight bit of 'in and out'
play.  The important thing is to not have any 'up and down/front to back'
wobble.  This would mean that the bearings are shot or improperly
installed.

Keep in mind, the play on such a combination of parts is necessary.  If
it was too rigid, you'd snap a tooth off of the shaft or cog, and could
strip the splines on the oil pump.

Good for you for doing this yourself!  Now there's only one person to
blame.
Eric
Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun!
http://www.geocities.com/blitzkrieg16v