Re: Yipee! Another Tire Size Question

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001 16:22:42 -0800 "Tyler Pease" <uberzip@home.com>
writes:
> Rainy season has started again in the great puget sound region and I
> need new tires so I figured I will just go and get a really nice setup.
> Currently I have 13" rims on my car and I believe the tire width is
> 175....
> thats off the top of my head.  Anyway I know its been asked several
> times but I'm going to go with 15 or 16" alloys, I don't need to know
the
> height of the side wall but I do need to know what I should get for the

> width.  205 or 195?

195 50 15...

>  Will either one rub and do I need to get anything like
> spacers for either of these sizes?  I'm thinking of getting whatever
alloys look
> nice and probably pirellis for the tire... is there a model I should
> specifically look for?  Thanks and sorry for another tire size question
:o)

I'm running 15x7" Ronal Turboes, ET28, and I rarely get tire rubbage,
usually only when I have it loaded down.

What suspension do you have on it?

Peter - <http://thescirocco.com> - Discount Techtonics, Peloquin LSD,
Autotech-Quaife USA, Ronal USA, Motorworks, & Magnecor Dealer -  Bear, DE
19701
'79 Scirocco 16V 25 049, Neuspeed race/Bilstein
'83 GTI 37 505, cut 16V/Bilstein
'84.5 Scirocco 42 133, Bilstein HD's
'84 GTI 63 348, Bogarts
SciRollers: '79 70 900, '84 Black, '88 Red -

Thanksgiving TT Stainless Special - 10% off & $10 shipping