slightly OT /vent: own work]

"Fry, Larry" <LEF@chem-tronics.com> wrote:
TBerk's right.  You have nothing to fear but fear itself.  Jump in...

And absolute humiliation...I tried to do a simple thing on the New Beetle last
night, an oil change. I had my wierd ass filter, the oil, special new torx bit
to remove the belly pan, (about fifteen screws), the 10 mm to remove the upper
cover, and the strap thing to loosen the cannister where the oil filter lives.
NO PROBLEMS. But can I get the damn drain plug out??? Goons with an impact
were at it for the final "warrantee" change. Supposed to be at 22 ft lbs I
think. That should be just past hand tight IMHO. GRRRR. May as well be welded
in. It's staying on blocks till the weekend. BAD CAR. (I did successfully
transplant an intercooler hose tho, the factory part was defective, lovin'
those spring clamps) Just needed to vent. I was thinking about it, I'd be at
about the 20% mark too. The Beetle will stay at about .005%, too congested and
electronic for me.