Re: Retro trend (new Scirocco)

Karmann do still handle VW production: Golf convertibles, along with
supplying convertible-specific parts for the Mexican plant. I wouldn't be
surprised if they also do body parts for the new D-class: their specialty
has always been relatively low-volume production, convertibles in
particular, but also sub-parts like Merc SLK body-shells and off-shoot
models, like the Scirocco & Corrado.
They've carved out what seems like a pretty good niche for themselves. Can't
see why they'd want to throw wads of cash at full-scale independent
ground-up design & construction when there's already so much competition out
there.

Ewan Hopkins...

'85 Storm 2.0
'86 GT 1.8