Re: quick poll - MoMo knobs

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001 20:37:22 -0500 "Chris M" <pb1113@hotmail.com> writes:
> Same here, my momo knob is always pulling off the sleeve.  Gonna glue
> it like Jeffrey. Mine's also on a SUPER-short shaft.  It really sucks,
> but the p.o. did it.  I'm going to have to switch to a regular shaft
and
> work my way down to a heigth I can use. I keep grinding 2nd because my
timing is
> off from my '82...
>
> Chris M.
> 82 8v Scirocco
> 88 16v Scirocco
> 70 MGB (wife's car)
> 76 Chevy Laguna
> http://www.xoom.com/mp3vw
> pb1113@hotmail.com

I have a black leather MOMO knob in my '79, and I used red loctite on all
3 set screws.

It's been on there since April '01, and so far so good...

The previous owner of my '84, cut the shifter, and I installed a tall
anatomical MOMO to compensate.

Peter - <http://thescirocco.com> - Discount Techtonics, Peloquin LSD,
Autotech-Quaife USA, Ronal USA, Motorworks, & Magnecor Dealer -  Bear, DE
19701
'79 Scirocco 16V 25 049
'83 GTI 37 505
'84.5 Scirocco 42 133
'84 GTI 63 348  - SciRollers: '79 70 900, '84 Black, '88 Red -
Thanksgiving TT Stainless Special - 10% off & $10 shipping