OT: car alarms

OK, someone broke into my 16v on campus. Pulled the door handle right out of
its socket and viola! instant access to my roc. Fortunately nothing was
taken though i did find the wires to my amp unplugged. luckily  the
faceplace was off and hidden and the amp was worthless, in fact my whole
stereo system is worthless. f'in idiots!

well, for those of you who know about car alarms, i have one but it doesnt
work. I need help figuring out why. I have a Clifford Nova III that cam w/
the car. Use to work but one day stopped working. The alarm will sound as
soon as i place the fuse in the power wire but i'm unable to disable the
alarm w/ the transmitter. the transmitter lights up (specifies power, so the
battery aint dead) but the alarm doesnt respond. so it kinda works but
somewhere in-between the transmitter and the alarm something's broken. have
any ideas???

dave