From: Richard Deede [mailto:rdeede@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2001 12:44 PM
To: danws@tampabay.rr.com; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Cc: jtoomasson@yahoo.com
Subject: RE: quick poll - MoMo knobs

I had a short shifter and cut down shifter on my last rocco and while it was

very short it was also extrememly tough to drive 'quickly'. The throws were
too stiff and notchy and I had to frequently jam it to get in to gear. And
this was not due because I needed my shift linkage replaced as that was all
brand new.

My scirocco now has a short shift kit on it but the stifter stalk itself is
still at stock height and it feels like a perfect balance. I can shift
quickly and precisely...I can put up with the dorky looking truck shifter
for better quality gear changing.

Rich
-88 Scirocco 1.8t
-00 GTI VR6 - SOLD
-88 Scirocco 2.0 16v - R.I.P.
-87 Scirocco 16v - R.I.P.

>From: "Dan Snow" <danws@tampabay.rr.com>
>To: "roc \(E-mail\)" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
>CC: "'Jeff Toomasson'" <jtoomasson@yahoo.com>
>Subject: RE: quick poll - MoMo knobs
>Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 15:35:01 -0500
>
>I've got a momo knob on mine. The PO also cut the shaft.
>too short? no.
>
>I like it. In fact, I'm getting a TT short shift kit soon, so I'm going to
>be happier than a pig in shift heaven.
>
>Dan
>'81 Rabbit Sportruck
>'87 16v Scirocco
>'00 Jetta
>Tam-pa, FL
>http://home.earthlink.net/~danws69/index.html

[Disclaimer]This e-mail is strictly confidential and intended solely for the
addressee. It may contain information which is covered by legal,
professional, or other privilege. If you are not the intended addressee you
must not use, disclose, or copy this transmission. This E-mail is not
intended to impose nor shall it be construed as imposing any legally binding
obligation upon GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. and/or any of its
subsidiaries or associated companies. Neither GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics
Inc. nor any of its subsidiaries or associated companies gives any
representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the
contents of this E-mail. GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. shall not be held
liable to any person resulting from the use of any information contained in
this E-mail and shall not be liable to any person who acts or omits to do
anything in reliance upon it.