Tech: Brakes,Vacuum and Hard Start - 87 16v

Question: This weekend I fixed the shift indicator and found that the vacuum
line to the air divertor (in front of the airbox) had a small leak, which I
repaired.

Now the occassionally the PB have no pressure (intermittant problem) and the
car is hard to start hot or cold.

Found no other leaks.

Has anyone experienced this before and what was done to fix it?

I might disconnect the vacuum line, don't know.

TIA

Brian

87 16v
86 8v (parts car)
85 Wolfsburg (white coming to a garage near me soon)