Re: 220hp? [All this carb crap]

I'm with you on most of this post Jason, but (and I don't know why
everybody seems to think this) the BMW and Honda engines are not "short
stoke motors."
The Acura Type R is in the range of 81mm bore and 87mm stroke, so it's
pretty undersquare. Not as undersquare as a 2.0 VW, but not much
different.
The BMW M3 is 3.43" bore x 3.58" stroke.
So, it's not like they have massive valve area for their displacement.
I'm willing to say that a 2.0 16V can get to 220 HP normally aspirated,
but it's going to have NO guts below 4500 RPM. Is that "streetable"?
Depends on how much the power rush will offset the irritation of driving
an engine with this kind of power curve.
Dan