RE: 220hp? [All this carb crap]

Who says carbs can make MORE theoretical power than FI?? I haven't heard
anyone here say that.

Carbs are used in racing applications typically either because they are
required by rules, or because they are easier to tune and troubleshoot at
the track with a couple of linkages and needle screws instead of a laptop,
wires, wires, and more wires. I might add that they're less expensive, and
some people like Jasin (UrGTI) get a woody 'cause they've got more
"old-skool" appeal than poodle skirts.

Can they make MORE power than a modern FI system? No. Can they make LOTS of
power? You bettcha.

And speaking of 16v's making 200hp+, I followed a guy on a Volksport fall
tour (Jasin: what was his name again?) who supposedly used to work for VW
Motorsport. He claims to be able to get 225hp+ from an NA 16v. I haven't
seen his dyno charts, but his daily-driver 16v Passat Wagon loaded with
wife, kid, dog, picnic supplies, etc EASILY DROVE AWAY FROM ME while I did
my damndest to keep up in my 16v Scirocco. Say what you want: I'm convinced!

Neal