Re: [OT] % of own work done on Roc (VW's)

Ok, I can chime in now as this is a much nicer thread.

If I had a million dollars... isn't that how it goes?

If I did have the money I'd be at 100% of my own work (VW). I simply can not
afford the alignment machine, the Bridgeport mill, the balancing tools, the
spray booth etc. (or for that matter the garage big enough for that
equipment). Otherwise I do all of my own VW work engine/tranny rebuilds,
body work, etc. I even did a top replacement on the cabby which I might have
second thoughts about doing again. I draw the line at the work truck as
those repair bills are a tax issue. The Ford (winter wheels) is also left to
the shops as I have no time or interest in learning about it.

This VW thing is truly a hobby for me so I obviously find it enjoyable,
challenging and above all relaxing.

Now I must go to work to feed this hobby monster.

Rick Alexander
http://www.brubakerbox.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/hams/
http://clubs.hemmings.com/vwsrus/