RE: Bridgestone, was tire size question.

>As for the michelin, the Weatherwize Touring MX4 and MVX4 are some of the
>best WET condition tires I know of, noisy yes, but really good on wet roads
>(Jeep is equiped with a michelin series tires and I love it!, my mercedes
>280CE also had MX4 and they were great on the highway)

Yeah, but they're expensive as shit!

HUmm check tire rack for you this morning. and I listed the prices and
ratings.

220-AA-A Potenza Re370 - 79$
220-AA-A Potenza S03 - 86$ (on Special)
240-A-A Michelin Pilot Exalto - 125$
300-A-A Michelin Pilot SX GT - 51 (on special)
240-A-A Pirelli P7000 - 45$ (ON Special)
300-A-A Pirelli P700Z - 59$

Aside from the Michelin Exalto, the bfgoodridge are more expensive than any
of my tires I have selected, and that is not counting that the S03 potenza
are on special.
As for rating I am not looking for a 400-AA-AA rating, I like soft comfy
traction on dry and wet, I am not asking for the end of the world
here.(grin)

Note : My Micheline allseason MX4 Last me an easy 80K before needing
replacement, I know what tires LAST long, But I am lowering the car when I
get to texas (H&R/Bilstein) and finally getting a nice set of ATS Cups
Wheels, I want something a little more "sporty" without sacraficing too much
to the quality, and duration of the tire on teh road.

I don't like to spend 50$ on a 35K tire. I rather spend 90$ on a 80K of same
rating.

>And Jesus Christ do you drive a lot!  If I were in your shoes, I'd do price
>comparisons based on the tire's price _pro-rated_ by the tire's wear
>rating.  i.e. if Tire A has a treadwear rating of 100 and costs $50, and
>Tire B has a treadwear rating of 400 but costs $150, tire B is actually
>going to cost you less in the long-run.

Jesus christ has nothing to do with my driving, nor is he my co-pilot
(GRIN), what 50K a year is a lot ? thats only 137 Miles per day. I do an
easy 30 miles to work, 30 back from work, and well 40 to spare (rocco's are
fun to drive aren't day... ?) maybe the problem is you park it too much
(GRIN)- D.U.C.K.I.N.G - and you dont drive enought. (BWGrin)

>Free Speech -- you're in Texas now dammit!

Humm Not yet baby I still have to wait until the embassy provisdes me with
that paper in my passport (30-60 days).

Patrick